Embodied Agents Workshop, CVPR 2019
CVPR 2019 Workshop, Long Beach, California
Sunday, 16th June, 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM, Room: TBD
There has been a recent shift in the computer vision community from tasks focusing on internet images to active settings involving embodied agents that perceive and act within 3D environments. Practical deployment of AI agents in the real world requires study of active perception and coupling of perception with control as in embodied agents.
This workshop has two primary objectives. The first is to establish a unified platform and a set of benchmarks to measure progress in embodied agents by hosting an embodied agents challenge named Habitat Challenge. These benchmarks will evaluate algorithms for navigation and question-answering tasks using the Habitat platform. The benchmarks and unified embodied agents platform will catalyze future work, promoting reproducibility, reusability of code, and consistency in evaluation.
The second objective of the workshop is to bring together researchers from the fields of computer vision, language, graphics, and robotics to share work being done in the area of multi-modal AI, as well as discuss future directions in research on embodied agents connecting several recent threads of research on: visual navigation, natural language instruction following, embodied question answering and language grounding.
Embodied Agents Challenge and Call for Papers¶
The challenge will be based on the Navigation task in which the agent must navigate to an object of a specific category. The metric for this task will be the final distance of the agent from the target object. A training instance for this task will be a tuple of the form (environment, category of object, ground truth location). The agent is initially given a target object category for navigation, as a category label, and has to move around in the environment to find an instance of the object.
|Challenge starts||April 3, 2019|
|Challenge submission deadline||May 18, 2019|
Abstract Submission Timeline¶
|Paper submission deadline||May 15, 2019|
|Notification to authors||May 22, 2019|
- 09:00 - 09:10 : Welcome and Introduction
- 09:10 - 09:35 : Invited Talk 1
- 09:35 - 10:00 : Invited Talk 2
- 10:00 - 10:25 : Invited Talk 3
- 10:25 - 10:45 : Morning Break
- 10:45 - 11:10 : Invited Talk 4
- 11:10 - 11:50 : Challenge Results and Analysis
- 11:50 - 12:10 : PointGoalNav-RGB Track Winners (oral)
- 12:10 - 12:30 : PointGoalNav-RGBD Track Winners (oral)
- 12:30 - 14:00 : Lunch
- 14:00 - 14:25 : Invited Talk 5
- 14:25 - 14:50 : Poster Spotlights
- 14:50 - 16:00 : Poster Session and Afternoon Break
- 16:00 - 16:25 : Invited Talk 6
- 16:25 - 16:50 : Invited Talk 7
- 16:50 - 18:00 : Panel Discussion and Conclusion